NPAW is the leading video intelligence company helping online streaming services grow. A global pioneer in its space, NPAW has over a decade of experience developing ground-breaking, scalable analytics solutions to optimize performance and user engagement, to build media experiences that maximize revenue.
Its Suite of analytics apps provides advanced visibility of platform performance, audience behavior, advertising and content efficiency, and app navigation in real-time to support data-driven decisions. NPAW serves more than 150 video services and processes, with over 100 billion plays per year worldwide. Established in 2008 by co-founders of the video streaming service Rakuten TV, NPAW has offices in Barcelona and New York with teams around the world. For more information, visit https://npaw.com.
We are looking for an ambitious technical professional who is willing to build a career in the tech industry. This is a great opportunity to learn from a SaaS/PaaS (Software as a Service / Platform as a Service) company and develop your knowledge and skills to grow with us as a tech professional.
This role is the gateway to a technical team and customer facing, your professional growth in this role will allow you to grow towards Engineering/Technical areas: Customer Engineering, Technical Account Manager, Data Analyst or Quality Assurance.
As a Customer Support Engineer you will work in a high visibility and fast-paced environment supporting customers of our Business Intelligence Platform. This important role responds to monitoring their service by using our real-time analytics tool; check common procedures and troubleshooting tips in case of finding issues; communicate and collaborate with people within the company in order to solve them; participate in improvements on product quality or features.
Work with the customer to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues, answering doubts and questions, guiding customers to build new solutions, replicating customer problems when needed, and collaborating with Engineering and Customer Management to provide solutions.
- Provide post sales technical support, configurations, troubleshooting, and standard methodologies to customers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues and develop solutions for our customers while understanding their business needs.
- Monitor our customers' service, to detect and notice any issues that may arise.
- Use fault isolation and root cause analysis skills to diagnose and tackle complicated technical issues.
- Work to reproduce customer issues and qualify critical issues.
- Cooperate with other engineers and developers to develop creative solutions for our customers on larger networks and more complex issues.
- Suggest improvements on product quality or features.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing and deployment of the software.
- Act as the liaison between the customer and other departments and communicate with internal and external partners to meet customer expectations.
- Proactively offer ideas and insights to improve the customer's issues and challenges.
- Support customers by responding within the designated service-level agreement (SLA) period to incoming tickets about our SaaS.
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Keep the customer up to date when there's any problem.
- Participate in case review conference calls with customers when needed.
- Ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups finished in a timely manner.
Reporting and Data management
- Create reports and analysis for customers regarding the performance of our software.
- Participate on the customer accounts creation, setup and configuration.
- Share your knowledge gained from troubleshooting issues by contributing to the global knowledge management system; present troubleshooting instructions and solutions to other engineers within the domain.
- Generate clear and concise documentation in the form of case notes, technical tips and white papers.
- Document customer issues for future reference and build a knowledge base of the solutions given to the customer.
- Technical knowledge in the field of development, systems, engineering or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience in a technical role in a Technical Account Management, Technical Customer Support or Development team.
- Experience in a SaaS company
- Good Spanish and English level is required.
- Good communication skills.
- Empathy and social boldness: ability to manage customers’ expectations and to mediate between parties.
- An autonomous, results-oriented person with focus, perseverance, determination, and energy.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to diagnose and understand issues and clients needs, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Availability to provide on-call support one weekend per month, and willingness to cover 24/7 rotation shifts (morning, afternoon and night).
Desired Tech Skills
- Knowledge of SQL, being able to create queries
- Database analytics experience
- Basic coding skills
- Experience using scripting languages
- Knowledge and experience with different Operating systems
- Competitive salary 💰
- Permanent contract 📄
- Private health insurance with Adeslas 🩺
- Flexible compensation plan 📊
- Restaurant 🍽
- Transport 🚊
- Nursery 👶🏽
- Hybrid remote-office work 🏡
- Birthday afternoon off 🎂
- Career growth opportunities 🚀
- Access to continuous training 💻
- Language lessons 👩🏽🏫
- Referral bonus 🤝
- International & multicultural team (more than 20 nationalities!) 🌍
- Fun environment: volunteering, company events, BBQs, pizza days, etc. 🎉
- A great office based in Barcelona 🏢
- Free lunch at the office 🥗🍕
- Free drinks, fruit & snacks ☕️🍺 🍎 🍪
- An amazing technological challenge 🧑🏽💻
Follow us on Linkedin and Twitter to see what we are up to, or have a look at Instagram to see what it's like to work at NPAW!
We celebrate the diversity, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At NPAW, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.